Timber Harvest/Road Layout/Permitting

Ed Orcutt, Owner

There are very strict forest regulations and a cutting permit is almost always required. Permits can be several pages long and require consultation with two or three state agencies. And harvest units, riparian management zones, proposed roads, and leave trees must all be marked and stream types determined prior to applying for a permit. Permits are generally 6-8 pages long but can be longer depending on the condition of the property and the desire of property owners.

Available permits include:

Standard FPA/N (2 year);
Alternate Plan (2-5 year); or
Long-term Plan (15 year).

CFM can help determine which permit is best for you; lay out all harvest units, forest roads, riparian management zones as well as to mark any necessary leave trees. Then, CFM completes all paper work and represents you in all meetings with state agencies to assure your cutting permit gets approved.

This includes meeting with state agency personnel as needed to represent your interests.

CFM can help you determine whether an even-aged harvest or a thinning is right for your stand of timber. CFM also can mark the timber for thinnings or direct and supervise loggers regarding which trees to remove and which ones to leave to assure maximum stand improvement is achieved.